- Sensor - LDR, Thermistor, microphone
- User Input - switch, potentiometer
There are many different control devices.
They can be combined to make more complex control systems.
Some basic ones are - comparator, timer, monostable, amplifier, converter, counter
- Audible device - buzzer, siren, speaker
- Visual device - LED, bulb, 7-seg/dot matrix display
- Movement - motor, solenoid, meter
Almost all circuits can be broken down into sections, of 3 different types
Many circuits on this site have block diagrams to show their function.
For example, Ultrasonic Alarm, Speed Controller
Most circuits will have many process sections as well as multiple inputs and outputs.
These can all be modelled as shown below.
Try the TUTORIAL to see how to make a freezer alarm.